Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sewing Agenda

On the cutting table (i.e. the living room carpet) today...

A morph of Loes Hinse Oxford Pant leg (bottom pic) with the Cruise Pant (top pic) upper pattern pieces. The Cruise Pant fits me perfect, right out of the package so I'm using it for all my pants now! Because of the relatively slim fit of the Cruise Pant, I can also morph on a fly front onto it for a Euro Pant too!! yay!!

I've got several pant-weight fabrics in my stash, including a nice tan tweed with burgandy and navy accents, and several charcoal and black fabrics (that's one of my ruts...too much BLACK!)

I'm in another rut with tops (ok, I'm in a rut with bottoms too, but they're so much harder to fit!) SOOO...I've decided to break out of my usual "Sweater Set" and "Cowl Top" tops and venture into uncharted territory. I'm going to give these a try...


New Look 6407 is uber popular over at PR. I'm not typically a fan of button front tops (the girls tend to cause all sorts of button gaposis problems), but I'm willing to give it a whirl. Probably not as my first top effort tho... No sense getting discouraged from a wadder right off the bat, right??

Instead, I'm going to do this little shrug for from Simplicity 4664 (View E):


(and yep, this is an older Khaliah Ali pattern. LOVE this pattern!) I plan to make the dress later in the spring, but I'd like to have a couple of the little shrugs to throw on over simple knit cami's or tees.

and I want to give New Look 6405 a dusting off (its been in my stash a long time!) Love little knit tees, and let's face it, running around a classroom from here to there (including time on my hands and knees under the computer desks to fix something) calls for comfort clothing! I'm thinking view E (red), although I love the Oriental version View D too...


Finally, I need a couple more of Kwik Sew 3378 too. These are SO fast and look so great on! I love this tee!!What's on everyone else's sewing agenda this week?

a.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Love your top choices. I've made NL6405 and it goes together quick and easy, but be forwarned that it does run very short in the body. I keep saying that I want to make it with long sleeves just haven't gotten around to it yet,sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Debbie! I haven't even cut that one out yet, so I'll make sure I measure carefully :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &