Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fairy Stuff

You just have to love Nelona. It's gossamer sheer and has a pretty sheen; reminds me of fairy wings. This little top has turned into one of my favorite projects in a long time. I'm almost glad I got sick & had to change my plan!

Here's the finished top, in all its pink & lacy glory.


I added a French lace fancy band at the hem, made up of 3 different lace insertions and a lace edging. I tried to take it outside for pictures so you could see just how yummy the colors really are, but it was so windy! I love how pretty it looks backlit on my porch though!



A close up of the finished embroidery:


The back closes with mother of pearl buttons, and the straps are buttoned onto the back as well.


Now it's on to the skirt!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! We really must have been separated at birth! I just decided last night to substitute this top and capris into my Wardrobe plan. And now here's yours and it's so beautiful! I absolutely love it! The fancy band is a stroke of genius, and your bullions are perfect!

    Shannon F

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the most gorgeous things I've seen lately! The smocking, the bullion roses, the mother of pearl buttons... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Gorgeous!! I LOVE that Brazilian Cast-On stitch. That top is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:12 AM

    ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Now I'm completely inspired to learn to smock. It was on my long list of goals, but your top might have just bumped smocking way up on the list! I was up until 2 a.m. last night and about 4 a.m. too many nights before that, putting the finishing touches on 5 Easter outfits. Two of those outfits were loaded with bullions, and I have to say that all of the hand embroidery was the most relaxing and most fun part of making the outfits...except for the part where I got to see their proud smiling faces as they wore their outfits to church today. I can only imagine that Lu felt extra special as she wore her beautiful outfit made by such a loving mom today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOO CUTE FOR WORDS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to see someone elses interpretation of my pattern! You did an absolute gorgeous job on this and I love that you used Nelona!! I think the lace is a beautiful touch too. I am just tickled to see it!!! Great job!! :o)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &