Tuesday, February 09, 2010

cinematic.

So Stick Girl & I went to see Leap Year Sunday afternoon.


Very fluffy, cute, and mostly smooshy movie. (You know that's my favorite kind.) It never pretends to be anything else. And I for one appreciate that.

Best part? (Oh ok, besides the yummy Irishman complete with swoony accent) Amy Adams' character's wardrobe! This was my favorite outfit:


Note the adorable red & cream print blouse with AQUA piping!! And I was completely distracted by the gorgeous aqua (possibly glass) ball buttons:


That pencil skirt was awesome too. Of course what I zeroed in on (courtesy of my newfound love of underthings) was the amazing yellow lace-trimmed slip peeking out from under her hem!


Here's another top I'd love to duplicate. It was probably a silk, it had a lovely drape and sheen. It also featured bits of smocking here and there (under the yokes in front and back, and on the shoulders) and a yoke made entirely of bias tubes & faggoting. Gorgeous.


And... I actually know how to do this. It made me anxious to try a version of my own! If I do, I'll be sure to blog the process. There aren't too many garments out there that feature that type of handwork. It's really lovely!

There was also a very sweet linen wrap dress in the final scenes that was worthy of a mention, but I can't find a picture online.

Of course, the real star of this movie is Ireland herself. Beyond lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Girl, everyone MUST GO TO IRELAND. Seriously. Must. Go.

    Yeah, dress, skirt, blouse, yadda yadda yadda.

    Go to Ireland.

    Oooo, word verification is: skingoo.

    Ew. Do we need to put someone in quarantine for that?

    (PS, actually did love those clothes, can't wait to see gooey movie).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am anxious to see what you do when you recreate the smocked blouse. Did you see the movie "Amelia"? Hillary Swank wore a beautiful satin pajama to dance with Richard Gere. You would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i'm so glad you gave a review. i have been wanting to see that movie but wasn't sure if it was worth it. i love those kind of movies too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I'm all over that aqua piping! Sew Sweet!
    Thanks for sharing, Lynea

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &