Monday, October 04, 2010

anthro shirt: in progress

Ok, so just an itty bit of progress, but we'll take what we can get, right??

So far I've adjusted the pattern (it's a crazy frankenpattern now! I'll take a picture in the daylight tomorrow if I remember to upload next post). I've also cut it out, and sewn a few seams!

The darts are sewn on the front bodice, shoulder & side seams sewn, and the neck stay-stitched:


I also added a bit of topstitching to the seams:



This beautiful red/royal/navy fabric is a linen and cotton blend from the 1940s. It's only 36 inches wide, so some creative layout was necessary. I bought 3 pieces from the same ebay seller, and man, I could have cleaned her out... if only I had unlimited funds! Her shop is empty of this type of goodness right now, but if she restocks I'll let you know!

After I buy what I want first, of course. ;)

I think the most exciting part (next to the part where I'm actually sewing) is that I have the perfect royal blue linen to make a skirt to match! I have no idea what pattern I'll use, but probably something simple like a pencil skirt. Actually this "Emma Pillsbury" skirt from J. Crew has long been a fave, so maybe TWO knockoffs are in the works.


Right now, I'm sleepy. Night!

10 comments:

  1. lovely! Can you send me some sewing mojo? I seem to spend entirely too much time sitting on my rear watching tv.

    Love that skirt and the top is going to be fabulous. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to your contruction posts. I have this same pattern and have yet to make use of it. I'll definitely be following in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in a deep swoon sighing over that beautiful fabric. Love the skirt design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty print... looking forward to your top and the skirt will make a great pairing with the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' your fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gonna be a SUPER cute outfit! I want you to stay up all night to finish it so I can see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lookin' good! I LOVE that fabric- it's going to look fab with a blue skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabric! and that skirt is going to be awesome, Ms. Pilsbury!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy in love with that Emma Pillsbury skirt!! Someone really ought to create a sewing blog devoted to knocking off her wardrobe...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &