Friday, May 25, 2012

Sorbetto Magic

Today's my LAST DAY!  Tomorrow summer officially begins at my house (for me.  My kids have already been out over a week!)

I have new fabric prewashed and ready to be cut out too.  Remember?  I love my two Sorbetto's and wear them all the time, so I want to start there, but I don't want two more of the exact same top.  So I've been collecting images for inspiration.

Sarai made a lovely plain front Sorbetto.  The fabric makes this one.

Sarai's Chevron Sorbetto
This ruffle front version is a tee, but would be super easy to adapt to any fabric, any top/dress:

Ruffle Tee
Love this scalloped collar:

Scalloped Collar
A touch of lace and tiny buttons:
Lace Trim
 Lacy version...easy to adapt to the Sorbetto shape:

Lacy top
Keyhole and bow...

keyhole & bow
Easy ruffle embellishment:

Ruffle tutorial
Bunting embellishment:

bunting
Raw-edge flowers:

flower embellishment

Anthro-inspired ruffles and faux placket:

anthro-inspired
More self-fabric roses...

roses
Scallops!

Kate Spade
And finally... sleeves. I love the sleeves on the Kate Spade top. I'm going to toy with creating a Sorbetto sleeve pattern. Thus far I haven't seen a really successful sleeved-Sorbetto.

Kristine and I have been mulling this over and have come to the conclusion that this armscye must look better with a tailored sleeve cap (also like the Kate Spade top above).  I'm going to start with either the Violet or the Jasmine sleeve and see what happens.  If those don't work I might try to morph on the cut-on cap sleeve from the Crepe, or from the Colette Sewing Handbook dress, the Pastille.

I think Kristine should start with this one.  It has good arm coverage:

Prairie Dress
tee hee.

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the key hole and bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lace swirls from Pinterest photo. You talked about antique lace look in an earlier post, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for providing all of the inspiration photos. Ideas are swirling around! The prairie dress is just.......beyond words! Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great inspiration pics you've found! I haven't even seen half of these. I love the keyhole and the tiny bunting is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got mine fitted after seeing yours and can you believe I don't have enough fabric to make one? Right. Anyway - love the inspiration you've come up with. Looking forward to seeing the pretties. g

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love all of these (except, erm, the Prairie Dress): bunting, keyhole, and scalloped edge at the top of the list.

    How many Sorbettos are you going to make from all this inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are not funny.

    just in case you were laboring under the delusion that you are.

    really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. teehee tee hehehehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, you are so bad! That dress takes me back to my homeschooling days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite is the keyhole and the bow...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &