Monday, December 03, 2012

On the First Day of Christmas: Castiel

So it's not the first of December.  And it doesn't fit the song.  Or ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas.  Unless I continue to 21. 

"21 Chocolate Covered Cherries..."

I may actually do this.  It could be a new tradition.  A post a day at Christmastime!  ANYWHO.  This weekend, in spite of my very best intentions, I got NO sewing done.  (Tissue bodice admiring, yes).  That doesn't mean the weekend was totally wasted!  For example, yesterday I made another ornament for my tree.

May I present to you, Castiel, Angel of the Lord:


Since it's quite probable you have absolutely no idea who that is...Castiel is the angel on the tv show Supernatural.  His besties are Dean and Sam:

Dean and Sam need to be little clothespin ornaments too. Yes?

If you look to the right of Castiel on my tree, you might recognize those two... It's Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. Complete with sideburns.  *swoon*


Or do you prefer Colin Firth? (Who doesn't?? No really.  I'm curious.  Who prefers the remake over the BBC Pride and Prejudice?  Anyone?)


Before Dean and Sam, I must, MUST, make Mary and Matthew:


*Swoon* again.

These are my favorite ornaments to put up every year.  I have 8 now, including little Castiel.  I used the templates from the Martha Stewart website.  There's also a video clip of the Christmas special segment where she and a coworker made the little ornaments.  One of my very favorite episodes of Martha Stewart; I still have it recorded on VHS!

I also made my Christmas cards this weekend and sent those off to the photo lab.  I love to send Christmas cards, even though I rarely get any in return. WHY don't people send cards anymore?  It's such a sweet little cheery envelope in my mailbox in December. 

You know what we should do??  We should have a bloggy Christmas card exchange.  Quick! Somebody make a yahoo group and we can all enter our mailing addresses and swap cards.  Let's do it! 

And now it's Monday again.  SIIGHHH.

13 comments:

  1. Kiera Knightly is my favorite Elizabeth Bennett, but I still prefer the mini-series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those ornaments are KILLING ME!!!

    every year i think i'll make cards again (i used to before the while sewing thing) and every year my supplies go untouched. maybe i'll dig everything out after ballet wednesday... i'm always too tired to sew after...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and by the way your new chicky is ADORABLE!

      Delete
    2. I'm Grinch green about ballet Wednesday. Damn you.

      Delete
  3. I have my Christmas cards ready and waiting. Every year I get fewer and fewer. I'm ready to find new friends to exchange cards with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!

    I've never really bothered with Christmas cards myself, at least not since high school when my friends and I would just hand them out to each other. I figure maybe next year when I'm all married/have a place of my own and therefore am a full-fledged "adult".

    Those clothespin ornaments are adorable! I do have to say that I prefer Keira!Lizzie's wardrobe, but Colin Firth is pretty much the ultimate Mr. Darcy, and I love how closely that mini-series follows the books (I felt like the whole Lydia/Wickham bit was rushed in the movie, and if I wasn't so familiar with the story, I'd be rather confused). So the miniseries wins every time for me. Although I am also completely LOVING the Lizzie Bennet Diaries web series that's currently running...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, you're making me feel old, hahaha! :D When you're a full fledged grown up, send Christmas cards! It'll be "quaint" then. And probably suffer a resurgence of popularity!

      Delete
  5. I loved the miniseries. I just got the DVD of the Kiera Knightley one and I haven't watched it yet so I will have to let you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably watch both again just to be sure of which I prefer too. hehe!

      Delete
  6. It's possible you need, y'know, mental help.

    BUT OMG THOSE ARE FREAKIN' ADORABLE.

    I still prefer Colin Firth... or rather, I prefer that whole production. Really, the remake was good but... y'know. 2 hours vs. 6 hours. Hard to compare.

    I don't make Christmas cards anymore. But then, I hate people. So, y'know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You clearly have misjudged my sanity for quite a long time. I am also safely ensconced in my fluffy fantasyland and you can't make me come out. Nosirree.

      Delete
  7. I spent hours last night making our Christmas cards and getting them ordered. Somehow my list dwindles year after year - maybe it's because we're getting older and our relatives are dropping like flies, eh? Anyway - I have your addy - I'll be happy to send you one! g

    ReplyDelete
  8. Designing our card is on the "to do" list, but I was just complaining to DH about the price if postage, which might be why you get fewer and fewer every year? With my ginormous family, I usually send out 50. Getting a stomachache thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &